Cedarcroft Area Guide
OTHER AREA TOWNS
Last Updated 1/10/2017
| Warrensburg Page | Cedarcroft Area Guide | Warrensburg Dining | Warrensburg Antiques |
This part of our area guide lists some of our favorite places and towns surrounding Warrensburg.
Towns within Johnson County (our home county) are listed first, then surrounding towns in other counties. For each town, we list main attractions, favorite places to eat and interesting shopping locations. We don't guarantee that this information is always up to date.
Holden (our second largest town)
- Chamber of Commerce (816)732-6844.
- Country Creations, 115 W. 2nd, (816)732-4156;
- Second Time Around (Antiques & etc.) 207 W. 2nd, (816)732-4259;
- Scotty's Dime Store, 111 W. 2nd
- Rural Holden:
- Pop's Little House off MO-131 north of Holden - Crafts & unique food items, (816)732-4030;
- Iron Kettle Antiques & Flea Mkt off MO-58 2 mi. east of Holden, Sat-Sun 1-5.
- Holden Dining:
- Annie's Route 58 Drive-In (great tenderloins, burgers), 300 E. 10th St (MO-58), (816)732-4019;
- 2nd Street Bistro (wood fired pizza, great calzones), 208 E 2nd Street, (816) 732-6106
- Strate's Drive-In (great tenderloins), 405 W. 2nd, (816)732-5565.
- Andale Amigo (Mexican - great chile relleno), 1080 E. 10th St (MO-58), (816) 732-3554
Knob Noster (& Whiteman AFB, home of the B-2 Stealth Bomber)
- Chamber of Commerce N. State St., (660)563-2444;
- Whiteman AFB public affairs office, (660)687-6123;
- Knob Noster State Park, (660)563-2463.
- Dining downtown - Panther Drive Inn & on the highway - Tequila Jalisco (authentic Mexican)
- Dutch Kountry Market, US-50 east, (660)563-2941
Johnson County's Small Towns
- Centerview - no services.
- Chilhowee - no services
- Leeton - No cafe, food available at Casey's C-Store, local museum.
- Shawnee Mound (MO-13 just south of Henry county line) - The Country Store has work and outdoor clothing, guns & ammo, hunting licenses, and an antique mall.
Other Area Towns, clockwise from due north:
- Chamber of Commerce, 1923 Main, (660)584-3030.
- Attractions: Confederate Memorial State Historic Site, downtown country music theater, antique & craft stores.
- Dining: several restaurants, we have not tried any.
Chamber of Commerce, 1208 Maple, (660)463-2454.
- Attractions: German community hosts German festivals.
- Dining: BBQ, formerly Biffles
Sedalia gets a page to itselfcalls itself the Queen City of the Prairie.
- We've created a special Windsor Page for the home of our area's Amish community.
A German community with festivals and lots of shops.
Antique stores downtown & along US-65. Try Rick's BBQ, US-65 north, (660)547-3417.
- Chamber of Commerce & Truman Lake info (660)438-5922.
- Lots of antique stores & fishing resorts.
- Don't miss the Truman Dam Visitors Center in season.
Truman Lake Area
- The closest access to Cedarcroft is Windsor Crossing on the Tebo Creek Arm, 3 mi n. of MO-7 on "PP"
- For boat rentals on the Grand River Arm, Bucksaw Point Resort (at end of "UU" off MO-7 east of Clinton), (660)477-3323/(800)331-4072.
Clinton, the county seat of Henry County and the western gateway to Truman Reservoir gets a page to itself.
- Try the K-7 Drive In for plate sized pancakes, Jct MO-7 bus & "K", (660)638-4662.
Lone Jack area
| Cottage on the Knoll B&B Page | Cedarcroft Farm home page |
© 1996 - 2016Cedarcroft Farm Bed & Breakfast
431 SE County Road Y, Warrensburg, Missouri, USA 64093-8316