Last updated 3/1/2019
This list contains information on area events listed by the Missouri Civil War Reenactors Association, the Fifth Missouri Infantry (CS), Inc.,
and the 1st Missouri Battalion (CS), as well as other events we know about.
It gives date, location, type and estimated size of event; contact information if available, and occasional other comments.
All events are 'reenactments' involving combat scenarios unless listed as 'Living History.'
While some Living History events may have combat demonstrations, many do not. In either case,
it is wise to contact the sponsors to find out if there are any costs and to determine the time scenarios are to start.
Spectators should always plan to arrive a minimum of 1.5 hours before the scheduled battle time,
as parking is sometimes limited and you may have to walk some distance.
If you want to go through the camps and talk to the participants and observe camp activities, plan on arriving 2-3 hours early,
as reenactors start battle preparations well before the scheduled start time.
On Sundays, most reenactors break camp and leave immediately after the Sunday battle demonstration, so they often have little time to talk.
Consolidated 2019 Regional Event Schedule
Includes events recognized by the MCWRA as well as national and local events which may not be officially recognized by MCWRA. Note: This is an unofficial schedule taken from available information from various sources. Local sources in the reenactment area are generally more up-to-date.
Map has been updated for 2018 projected events
2019 Regional Events Schedule
2019 Projected Events
February 15-17, 2019 - Yale, OK (annual event)
March 1-3, 2019 - Prescott, Arkansas
April 11-14, 2019 - Pinckneyville, Illinois
- 1864 Battle of Prairie D'Ane
- Location: Prescott is on I-30 NE of Texarkana
April 12-14, 2019 - Pleasant Hill, Louisiana
- "Great Battle Stands," depicting major battles
- Location: Pyramid State Park - Pinckneyville is in western Illinois south of I-64, east of I-57, at junction IL-13, IL-127 & IL-154
- Event Website: http://greatbattlestands.com/
April 13, 2019 - Newtonia, Missouri
- 1864 Battle of Pleasant Hill
- Location: Pleasant Hill is on US-171, about 1 hour south of Shreveport
April 19-21, 2019 - Doniphan, MO (annual event)
April 26-28, 2019 - Cowtown, Wichita, Kansas - 1st MO Btn Max
- Living History/skirmish at site of two battles
- Location: Newtonia is in SW MO, about 10 miles east of Neosho
May 3-5, 2019 - Jefferson, TX (annual event)
May 17-19, 2019, Kingston, Missouri - 1st MO Btn Max
- Reenactment/Living History at reproduced 19th Century town /li>
- Location: Cowtown Park
May 27, 2019 - Cape Girardeau, MO - Approved MCWRA Listed
- Tactical event, non-spectator
- Location: Kingston is on MO-13, about 30 miles north of Lexington
- Reenactor Note: Invited units only
June 1-2, 2019 - Pittsfield, IL (annual event) - 1st MO Btn Max
- Living history at Fort D
- Location: Cape Girardeau is in SE MO on Mississippi River.
- Contact: Patty House, 573-651-3782 or email@example.com
- Event Website: fortdhistoricsite.com
June 8-9, 2019 - Greenfield MO (annual event)
July 4, 2019 - Cape Girardeau, MO - Approved MCWRA Listed
- Lincoln Days w/ reenactment
- Location: Pittsfield is om US 54, 18 mi west of Louisiana, MO
- Event Website: http://www.pikelincoln.com/
July 27-28 (?), 2019, Waynesville, MO (annual event)
- Living history at Fort D - see May listing for details/li>
August 3-4, 2019 - Athens, MO - Approved MCWRA Max Effort, - 1st MO Btn Max
- Reenactment and Living History Days
- Location: Waynesville is on I-44 near Ft. Leonard Wood
- Event Website: Event Facebook page
August 30-31, 2019, 2019 - Pittsburg, Kansas
- Reenactment of 1861 battle on original field, now a State Histpric Site
- Location: Battle of Athens State Historic Site is in far Northeastern MO, on Des Moines River, off MO-81.
- MCWRA Contact: Charles Cunningham, 573-682-1308, firstname.lastname@example.org
September 2, 2019 - Cape Girardeau, MO - Approved MCWRA Listed
September 13-15, 2019 - Hermann, MO - cancelled/rescheduled to 2020
September 25-27, 2019 - Mexico, MO - cancelled/rescheduled to 2020
October 4-6, 2019 - Nebraska City, NE - 1st MO Btn Max
October 4-6, 2019 - Pea Ridge, AR (biennial event)
- Location: Pittsburg is in SE Kansas on US-69
October 4-6, 2019 - Willow Springs, MO - Projected MCWRA Max Effort
- Reenactment of 1862 Battle of Pea Ridge
- Location: Near town of Pea Ridge on US-62 in NW Arkansas
- Event Website:
October 11-13, 2019 - Columbus, KY (annual event)
- Skirmish of Hutton Valley - See Poster
- Location: Willow Springs is in South-central MO, near junction of US-60 and US-63
- MCWRA Contact: Ron Ulrich
October 18-20, 2019 - Smithville, MO - Possible MCWRA Max Effort
- Reenactment of 1861 Battle of Belmont (MO)
- Location: Columbus is on MS river about 20 mi. south of Cairo, IL
- Contact: TBA
- Event Website: TBA
November 1-3, 2019 - Checotah, OK - 1st MO Btn Max
- Battles Sat (Camden Point) and Sunday (generic)
- Location: Smithville is north of Kansas City on US-169
- Contact: Patrick Henderson, 816-277-8707, email@example.com
- Reenactment - 1863 Battle of Honey Springs
- Location: Site is north of Checotah off US-69; Checotah is Jct I-40 & US-69.
- Contact: TBA
- Event Website: TBA
Future Projected Events, 2020 and beyond
August 8-10, 2020, Pipestone, MN (Biennial event)
December 5-6, 2020 - Prairie Grove, AR (Biennial event) - 1st MO Btn Max
This schedule furnished compliments of and © by Bill & Sandra Wayne. Permission to use granted with attribution.